View Single Post

Old 12-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 38,387 Times in 11,802 Posts

Snubby, concern about having a less-than-optimal grip on a gun in a serious defensive situation was one of a number of factors that I weighed in deciding to go strictly with revolvers about eighteen years ago. My hands are in bad shape with arthritis. I was concerned about limp-wristing, inadvertently dropping the mag or pushing the slide out of battery, etc. I've carried a steel J-frame daily since making that decision.

I'm considering a Ruger LCP as a hip-pocket backup, but the snubby isn't going away.

Personally I think that even in a turbulent time with some people acting crazy the odds against my having to use a firearm to save myself are huge.

I'm not a dark-skinned Native; but I am a little old man with a cane and an oxygen tank who lives in a city with a metro population close to a million and a half, where we just broke our record for homicides.

I still think the odds are solidly against my having to use my gun, and indicate that five rounds of .38 Special +P would likely be sufficient. The LCP backup has some appeal, but I feel pretty secure in my choice to this point.