View Single Post

Old 12-06-2016, 01:44 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,513 Times in 2,036 Posts

So many rigs are a pain in the rear. Ask me how I know. We are all different and experimentation, although expensive and sometimes frustrating, will pay off. When I carry my shortie 1911, I do so with a Don Hume IWB clip holster. Also have one for my J-Frame Mod 49. To be honest, though, I now have pretty much switched my EDC to a J-Frame in a pocket carry Mika holster. For me it is as simple and comfortable as it gets. No glitz, no glory, no bells and whistles, no pain in the side or rear - just a very comfortable, effective carry for a good defensive piece. Now, granted, I am well over 60 years old and not out looking for the focal point of the zombie apocalypse any longer. I am simply arming myself in what I consider to be an adequate and comfortable way, each and every day. (When I do go zombie hunting I take a 1911 which generality needs more support....) Bottom line for me, anyway, is simply answering the question "Why am I carrying?" We all have different reasons at different stages and stations in life. There was a time that I open carried a BHP, but then I was in the middle of a war and would not have wanted less. My closest friend carried two 1911's. Thank God those days are over. If times and circumstances change for the worse, I will change my carry habits to meet the need.
The Following User Likes This Post: