View Single Post

Old 12-09-2016, 05:37 PM

Liked 28,949 Times in 14,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharve_2000 View Post
I have a Victory revolver I would like some information on. Serial number is V664689. This is stamped on the butt, underside of the barrel and on the cylinder. Grips are not original and the lanyard ring has been cut off sometime in the past. No US markings. Any information you could provide would be appreciated.
It appears to be one of the relatively few Victory-model snubbies made. They are very desirable. Someone has jeweled the hammer on yours, also it has what appear to be postwar fake stag plastic grips (probably Franzite), and those do affect its value negatively. On the upside, the finish appears to be original and correct. These were not used by the military, but were distributed to essential civilian users (police, etc.) during WWII through the Defense Supplies Corporation (DSC). I think that If I had it, I'd find an original hammer and lanyard swivel (the swivel hole has been plugged), and also original smooth wood grips. All are available. These are somewhat difficult to date based upon the SN alone, but it is likely yours shipped sometime in late 1944 or early 1945. I would recommend you get a factory letter ($75).

Last edited by DWalt; 12-09-2016 at 05:44 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: