View Single Post

Old 12-09-2016, 06:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 12,989 Times in 4,522 Posts
Default PSA Baby Browing

PSA is Precision Small Arms. For some years now they have been making incredibly fine replicas of the famous .25 caliber Baby Browning. They are not inexpensive and if you want a really tricked out one the price is stratospheric - rich collectors only type of thing. But the normal guns are simply beautifully done and I coveted one for a very long time.

About a year ago, maybe a little more, I did acquire one, a gorgeous little piece that was nickel plated. Oh, my goodness, it was stunning. However, after every shot fired it would come apart. I wrote the company (GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!) and they explained that it was likely due to an after market guide rod that they had to obtain for some of their guns. So they sent me two!

Well, they gun fired without falling apart but I couldn't keep it from stove piping. They said send it back. Long story made short, they fixed that problem but - lo and behold - after all that work the nickel started to flake off. I get a call - we can't send you a gun like that - will you take a replacement? Sure, why not.....and they have a couple on hand.

(Repeat - GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!)

I get two choices. A lightweight version (it's 9 ounces; do I need a lightweight version?) or a cold blued, full weight specimen that happens to be marked Fabrique Nationale.

Well, what do you think I did?

Range report soon......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSA Baby Browning.jpg (164.9 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg PSA Baby Browning 002.jpg (118.0 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg PSA Baby Browning 003.jpg (146.2 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by ISCS Yoda; 12-09-2016 at 06:18 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: