View Single Post

Old 12-10-2016, 03:53 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
Cool! I have a 1968 Belgian Baby Browning, made the last year they were imported. It's a wonderful little shooter, will easily stay on a 4" plate at 7 yds. and has been 100% reliable. Don't know what it is about those little, teeny pistols, but I do have a soft spot for them.

Thanks. That's the best Online review that I've seen of a tiny auto. Always works; will group in four inches at seven yards. It's like pulling stubborn teeth to get that simple result/comment from gun owners. Of course, many are such poor shots that they aren't qualified to report on gun accuracy .

I know all the stuff that Yoda posted, but his gun came apart and the repairs and replacements didn't seem to me to be much of a satisfactory solution. I don't understand getting a nickel one if stainless is made.

I'll await range results with interest.

BTW, Ian Fleming carried a Baby Browning in WW II, as a British agent. But he equipped James Bond with a .25 Beretta. I wonder why. Maybe he had heard that the Beretta was more reliable? Aline, Countess of Ramonones, carried a Beretta .25 as an OSS agent in Spain and killed a knife-wielding gypsy with it. She was American, but married into the Spanish nobility.

The older, larger Colt and FN .25's had both thumb and grip safeties. You can see the thumb safety on the one pictured above. The smaller Saive-designed Baby has no grip safety and the thumb safety is different. I think it was designed to compete with the Walther Model 9.

Last edited by Texas Star; 12-10-2016 at 04:04 AM.