View Single Post

Old 12-10-2016, 06:49 PM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I know this is an old thread and after reading this one and many others like it I purchased a 25-5 made in 1980. I was nervous about the purchase but the gun was flawless and had all the original box papers cleaning rod screwdriver etc, even the tissue paper so I had to have it. To be fair I didnt take any photos but at 25' it was chewing a 1" hole with both lead cowboy and Hornady FTX ammo. The throats are a little oversized I used he bullet drop and my machinist father in law measured them with some bore gauges @ .456. But the guns a shooter with factory ammo. If you cross these threads when researching weather or not to buy, I vote yes u wont be sorry. . I read one post that if it won't shoot 3" groups @50yds it's trash. I don't see the usefulness unless ur go a hunt with it and there are more effective rounds than 45 colt. Target shooters would benefit from a less expensive round anyway. I am one who seeks perfection and knowing it was oversized had me on the phone with s&w pricing a cylinder and fitting. But after today's range trip completely un nessesary. Just my .2cents and opinion others may disagree. Good shooting and good luck

Last edited by teddybaham; 12-10-2016 at 06:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: