View Single Post

Old 12-10-2016, 09:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 797 Times in 282 Posts
Default Range Report on 1066 & Comments on 10mm PPU Ammo (FINAL UPDATE)

[For update see post #14 below]
[For final update see post #23 below]

Took my 1066 out earlier today to my local indoor range with a box of PPU 10mm 170gr FMJ FP. I had taken it out last week with the PPU ammo, but did not post because I want to test the PPU ammo some more before doing so. The 1066 functioned perfectly, as it always has for me. I am pleased with it's performance.

Now, about the PPU ammo. Over the past couple of months I've seen a number of negative comments about PPU 10mm ammo on various sites on the web. Given my positive experiences with other PPU ammo, I was surprised to see them. According to the negatives comments, the PPU 10mm ammo is not accurate and the brass does not reload well at all. It seems, again, according to the comments, that the brass does not take sizing very well. The case fails to provide tension on the bullet after sizing. Well, since I had already purchased a few boxes of the ammo, I thought I would see for myself.

As you can see on the target below, the the ammo seems to be fairly accurate from a standing position in my 1066. In addition, several weeks ago I fired 50 rounds in my 1006. It was pretty accurate in that 10mm pistol, too. As for reloading, I collected, sized, expanded, primed and seated Hornady bullets in the PPU cases and found no problem whatsoever. Once again, FACT beats website fiction.

Last edited by Denver Dick; 01-11-2017 at 07:19 PM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: