View Single Post

Old 12-12-2016, 01:17 AM

Liked 7,749 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
Red:

Since you're on line, let me take this opprutunity to thank you for the link to chapter three of you upcoming book. I have been reading it, and can hardly wait until the whole thing is ready for publication. Your research, along with Phil's collaboration, and input from others and contributions from John (turnerriver), are going to make this a must have for me!!

Keep us posted, I am looking forward to having a print copy for my library.

Best Regards, Les
Very nice, Les :-).

During this research, a chap who is not a forum member here ran across my chapter on my website, and because of him I've added several bits and bobs to further accurise the info within. Turns out he is quite the Brill researcher himself and its phenomenal just how much tiny detail can be added from 'net research when changing out the search terms: now I even know that Rabensburg's shop is now a vacant lot in a town in Texas. And that Brill's post-WW2 housing development project still exists northwest of Austin and is called Brillville.

Among the many bits of info that he sent along is this pic of a Sessums with a feature I was unaware of: a mag button relief that I've not seen in this form on any holster, nor on any other Sessums. Also note the very straight welt compared with the other Sessums I've mentioned due to Phil's recent post.

sessums auto (1).jpg sessums auto (1)a.JPG

Myres accomplished the same result in a different way; and of course the old M1916 holster used a leather-covered timber plug to keep the button off the holster back.

Now: who wants to know other important stuff, like how many cords in the thread of a period threepersons? How many hand stitches per inch on the left side of a Brill's cuff sewing, and on the right side (they're different, and always consistent, and identical to a Rabensburg for good reason). Geez, I need help.

Last edited by rednichols; 12-12-2016 at 01:20 AM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: