View Single Post

Old 12-12-2016, 12:07 PM

Liked 207 Times in 100 Posts

I never ever bought PPU factory, but have been sent some for pull-down documentations. The latest one is shown here; Priv Partizan Ammo PPU 170gr FPJ (Jan 2016) - 10mm-firearms.com

Originally one of our forum members suffered a casing blowout with PPU brass, and that started some questions of the integrity of their brass.
Also we found some PPU brass that was sold as reloads, and then they were found with the bullets set back deeper in the casing. As you know bullets seated deeper can raise chamber pressures, so this was interesting to say the least. I pulled them apart and studied what was happening, only to find the cases would not hold their resized dimension. That info can be view here; 10mm reloaders DO NOT USE PPU BRASS!!! - 10mm-firearms.com

It was possible the cases were of a bad batch of alloy or not properly annealed to start with.

With all of this said I have reloaded and shot PPU cases over the years, but paying attention to the details while loading them, has shown good results for my reuse.