View Single Post

Old 12-16-2016, 09:44 AM
US Veteran

Liked 138 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Many folks will base the comparison on looks. Let's face it, from 5 ft away in a rack behind the counter, the Sport II and the Colt LE6920 look the same. And with the Sport costing what it does, many folks are trying to figure out what the other rifles do that the Sport doesn't. Sure S&W offers other rifles that compare more favorably to the Colt based on features, but if you base it on configuration only, many folks new to the platform are left wondering why that Colt costs so much more.
Agreed, I just went through this.

My wife said I could get an AR for Christmas and it's been on my bucket list for a while.

So before she changed her mind I reviewed AR's on line, the two that were always in everyone's online top 10 list in my price range were the Colt and the sport II.

I called our local store and asked if they had one of each in stock, they had one colt and 6 sport II's.

When I went to look the colt was a lightweight model and they wanted $1400sih for it, a little more than I wanted to pay for a base AR.

They had one sport II that they already installed a drop in rail hand gaurd/ pistol grip/butt stock/cheapo reflex sight and an angled forward grip for $900.

The sport II looked and felt better for my first owned AR, so that's why I bought it. I have added a Magpul BAD and a Raptor charging handle but other than that plan to leave at least the upper alone.

I have my eye on a DDm4v11 upper receiver that a buddy is selling that I can add a scope to and just switch out at the range with my sport II upper.