View Single Post

Old 12-16-2016, 07:19 PM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

There are many possible scenarios where someone could technically be an intruder in your home, but not be a threat. It could be a Police Officer, firefighter or paramedic who has the wrong address or was given wrong information. I've seen such things happen first hand. Maybe it's a autistic child who snuck out of their home or wandered off and is confused and breaks into your home for a harmless reason not truly understanding what they are doing. I remember reading about case were a little boy with autism snuck out of his house and broke into a McDonald's. He didn't understand that he had done something wrong.

If someone believes that identifying threats and making shoot or no-shoot decisions somehow puts them at risk, then they need professional instruction to understand tactics. Most of it is actually common sense, but sometimes people need to be taught. If their brain cannot process the relevant information quickly enough to make proper split-second decisions and they choose to default to simply shoot any intruder, perhaps they should consider not owning a firearm.

To fire indiscriminately upon an intruder without visual identification and positively determining they are indeed an actual threat is horribly irresponsible. I cringe to think such people own firearms.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: