View Single Post

Old 12-17-2016, 09:34 AM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm8510 View Post
Guess it was a mixture of seeing WVSig's post and mixing up another post with this one. Just seems in general though everybody compares rifles to the sport vs a rifle that is closer to the same class wither in price or feature wise.
If you want to compare then Saint based on current market and $$ to something in the S&W line I would put it up against the older version of the M&P 15T. It is going for $799- $850 but you are buying a rifle that is going to be discontinued in it current configuration.

The barrel on the 15T is great but you are going to get a quad rail which for the post part are going the way of the dinosaurs. The grip and stock are the same as the Sport II do really you are paying extra for the barrel and the outdated quad rail. Once the new Mlok version is out the price if one will push higher than the Saint.

The reason the Saint keeps getting compared to the Sport II is because at $800 there is a bit of a dead zone in the S&W offering. You jump from the $500-$600 Sport II to the normally $1000+ 15T.

To me the Saint is attempting to be like the Colt Magpul MOE additions. A basic out of the box rifle that is slightly upgraded from the GI M4 look for a slightly higher price.

I might be coming off as a SA fanboy here but I really am not. I don't own a single SA product and I have no intentions on buying a Saint. I generally don't buy complete rifles anymore. The only ones that are attractive to me are the OEM ones that ship with no furnature so I can configure that the way I want it.