View Single Post

Old 12-17-2016, 10:48 AM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

No knock raids at the wrong address do happen. I'm sure superintendents have let in police/firefights/paramedics into apartments in occasion and have had the wrong apartment.

Sometimes police knock and get no answer(occupant on the shower, asleep, stepped out the back door).

Intruders don't just come in homes uninvited in the middle of night.

I'm still baffled at the shoot on sight mentality. To shoot in any situation, you first have to make visual contact(unless you folks plan on shooting through walls or at figures in the dark) and you should be able to instantly recognize if using lethal force is warranted. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. You don't jeopardize your safety or ability to respond effectively by simply positively identifying the target. If you think that, please get some training.

For example.. If you were to find an 8 year old Down syndrome boy sitting on your floor playing with toys after having climbed through you window because he liked your Christmas tree, I would sincerely hope you wouldn't immediately don't shoot him. You may say that could never happen, but trust me it can.

I remember Robert Downey Jr. broke into a home years ago to sleep off a drug binge IIRC. I guess if it had been the home of some people on here, we would have a different ironman today.

As a Christian, I don't exactly relish the idea of killing another human being unnecessarily nor am I found of spending the rest of my life in prison.
The Following User Likes This Post: