View Single Post

Old 12-18-2016, 12:37 AM

Liked 130 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
Because the average local gunsmith has no idea how to correctly remove a 15-22's barrel and winds up destroying the upper receiver.

So by that theory no person could ever have anything customized that required a special tool..... Ever worked on a car..... Your gunsmith has the responsibility of knowing his craft and should pay for any damage done by improper tooling. Ths goes with knowing who has a good reputation. I live in Texas where some folks still make a living on their name, credibility,ability and honesty. Also a simple hey your going need this tool to take the barrel off could change everything.... I still don't see how this is a big deal when a tool can be made with a simple piece of PVC and a you tube video.

Pull barrel, thread and done... 65 bucks..... If you want to be extra sure spend the 25 bucks to get the proper tool. Remove the barrel and take it to the gun smith. But again I dont see how this is a big deal.... Just my .02 and that wont even buy you a cup of coffee so take it for what its worth......