View Single Post

Old 12-18-2016, 05:27 PM

Liked 2,784 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggen View Post
So I just took my relatively new 617 out to shoot today, and had similar failure to fire problems in double action (Only fired a few SA, and I dont' remember it happening). Standard CCI ammo, and I put the same ammo from the same box in my Buckmark, which ran flawlessly.

I'd say it was consistently 2-3 rounds per cylinder. I kept pulling the trigger after 10, and every one of the rounds fired the second time around. Perhaps they weren't completely seated?

I came back and found a couple threads, including this one, about tightening the main spring strain screw (as well as the forward side plate screw), which I checked as I cleaned the gun. Both appeared to be properly seated. I sprayed some Hoppes up in the trigger housing while I had the grips off, too.

Finished cleaning the gun, put a few drops of lube on the cylinder stop, hand and center pin (not sure what this is called but it's the thing that moves forward when you press the cylinder release latch).

Now, the cylinder latch does not move freely. When i swing the cylinder into the frame, the cylinder latch stays forward and the action is locked (neither trigger nor hammer move). I have to physically pull the cylinder release latch backwards in order to seat it and to allow the gun to fire.

Any additional input on these issues would be helpful.
I suggest you try this again in a new thread. This one is a few months old and won't get as much traffic as a new thread.