View Single Post

Old 12-19-2016, 05:15 AM
US Veteran

Liked 29,652 Times in 6,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry lewis View Post
I read this to my Great Uncle Lefty tonight. He agrees with much of what you said. He said to tell you that despite the fact he could have made any concealment holster in the 40 years he was a policeman, for over 35 of those years he used Elk Suede inside waistband holsters at the appendix for his 2 back up guns. He say's he was criticized for this also, by Gaylord and some others, but that didn't matter much to him. He say's one was made by Safariland (right hand), the other (left hand) by another unmarked maker in the Bronx, that he bought in a police equipment store of some sort.

By coincidence, he will be reintroducing split suede holsters that clip on for many revolvers and autos, like he made in the 70's and 80's. We talk often, I monitor the different forums for him because he lost significant eyesight and hearing from his stroke. For the record, I don't know anything about making holsters, that is my Uncle Lefty's thing. He say's the split cowhide holsters will be an economical alternative, comfortable and as always, concealable. Thanks for visiting with me.

Jerry
I hope you told Lefty that his Chicago Rocker is one of my
favorite IWB holsters.