View Single Post

Old 12-19-2016, 10:59 PM

Liked 4,271 Times in 1,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee's Landing Billy View Post
A S&W rep told us to our face that we would never see another S&W revolver with an exposed hammer without a lock. He said it would be a legal nightmare to remove a "safety device" once it was introduced into production. This was 2 years ago at the dealers meet in Columbia, S.C. at the fairgrounds.

Exactly what I've been saying for years. They'd get pilloried by the media and every AD thereafter would result in a suit & big settlement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
And yet, they were able to introduce the M&P Shield with a thumb safety, only to release a safety-less version a couple years later?

Why would the exposed hammer make any difference?

Edit: If there's really some reason they can't make one with an exposed hammer, how about producing a K-Frame centennial? I'd buy a new 66 (or even something like a Nightguard 315 or 386) with a concealed hammer if it meant no internal lock.

Because the SA trigger on an S&W revo is about 1/2 the weight of an M&P and doesn't have the take up. Bottom line is, once they put it on revolvers, it'd be easier to put toothpaste back in the tube than remove it.

A K-frame Centennial: my thoughts exactly! Especially a 3" scandium .357 (a "319")
The Following 2 Users Like Post: