View Single Post

Old 12-20-2016, 03:24 AM

Liked 320 Times in 190 Posts

I've been using a Lee classic turret for several years. I love the convenience of being able to change calibers in seconds. I normally use mine in continuous mode and feel that it is substantially faster than a single stage. I only handle the case once. That is were the time savings are. Look at a few videos to get an idea of how things move along.

The other thing I like about the turret is that I am still doing one operation at a time. This gives me greater awareness of what is happening compared to a progressive.

For me, the big down side to a progressive is the initial cost. I like Lee products, but would be leery of buying one of their progressives. The Dillon is likely a good machine, but not only is the press extremely expensive, caliber conversions are quite pricey as well.

If I were loading a lot more rounds per week than I do now, I would be looking at a progressive. For the 100 - 200 rounds a week I do now, the turret is a perfect fit. The other great thing about a turret is that I can go a load up 20 or 30 rounds when I have a little spare time. The die change over and adjustments make that inefficient on a single stage.
The Following 11 Users Like Post: