View Single Post

Old 12-20-2016, 11:26 AM

Liked 18,499 Times in 4,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
I use a singe stage Rockchucker. Let's say I wanted to increase my output without going to a progressive. How much does a turret press increase your output over a single stage, all thing considered. i.e. changing calibers and making adjustments as well as better production. Right now I make a few hundred rounds/month.

I'm really looking at progressives, but I'd like to know this before making the 'leap'.
I bought a Lee turret press earlier this year. I'm glad that I made the move.

After you get everything set up (dies, powder throw, etc.), I timed it and it takes about 12-15 seconds to make each round of ammo (that is the time the case spends on the press, obviously add a little time for reaching for an empty case and bullet, etc.).
If you buy a 4-hole turret for each caliber you load, you can just leave your dies set up in the turret. Then a caliber change takes only a few seconds.

There are turret press naysayers that will say you're wasting your time and money unless you buy a progressive setup, but the fact is that a turret press is a perfect fit for some of us.

Last edited by Hillbilly77; 12-27-2016 at 10:44 AM.
The Following 11 Users Like Post: