View Single Post

Old 12-20-2016, 07:09 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubbyfan View Post
Been there, done that. We keep Down blankets, road flares, extra water, first aid supplies and extra insulating layers in both vehicles. Along with the usual spare tire, jack, etc...
Last time I was involved in a winter accident, I stuck my hands in my pockets and walked a coupla miles to town in the snow.
Why didn't I use a cell phone? No cell signal back then.
Now we don't havta go anywhere if we don't feel like it. If it's nasty out we stay home and stay warm.
My wife works one day a week away from home as a home health care aid and walks to work.
Ever since West Virginia declared me as an unemployable useless cripple, I've been on disability so I don't havta go anywhere.
Same here .. last worked January of 2001 .. accident at work permanently dislocated my tailbone .. permanent pain with no relief .. company couldn't find me a job .. forced me to retire !!

Now COPD has caused breathing trouble so don't go out in the winter unless I absolutely have to ..

but we keep a winter survival kit in both Jeeps .. blankets, hand and toe warmers .. 5 day candle that can put out more heat then you would think, extra gloves, small shovel and extra windshield scraper and brush and a bag of sand ..

I get into the Jeep and my coat is opened and I make sure I can access my weapon worn IWB at 4 .. I wear tight fitting drivers gloves that fit inside the trigger guard with out a problem .. Wearing a coat during the winter where my weapon is more concealed I'm overly observant of my surroundings .. and anyone that is within or entering what I consider my or wife's danger zone of 20 feet ..
The Following User Likes This Post: