View Single Post

Old 12-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

With a turret, you only handle each case twice--once to put on a clean case with a spent primer, and once to take off a completed cartridge. And there are add-ons that will auto-eject your completed cartridges.

*New* Case ejector system for the LEE Classic turret. (Reverse rotatio – Inline Fabrication

You also have the advantage of having your dies already set-up on the die plate. Getting a session started can take just a couple minutes. I spend more time pouring powder than I do fiddling with dies.

100 rounds an hour is easy to accomplish. And by that, I mean getting set up, and then loading. 150 is probably the comfortable limit, with a fair bit of checking.

If you don't shoot a lot of high-volume matches, and can make time each week to load, it's very easy to keep yourself supplied.

Any more than that--I would just splash out for a Dillon progressive. The downside of a progressive is that it's a lot more expensive to add a new caliber, and they're not so great if you don't feel like making 500 rounds of the same loading. In other words, if you like to experiment and make smaller batches, the turret is superior.
The Following User Likes This Post: