View Single Post

Old 12-21-2016, 02:05 AM

Liked 1,494 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat66 View Post
Hello fellow S &W members.I am curious of the D sn on the s w mod10-5 SB .I picked one up last year at my local gun/pawn store. It is becoming my most carried and shot 38. The sn on the bottom of frame starts with a 2 then D then 5 more numbers. 2D75785 to be exact.Would this make it a D sn that is mentioned in a post by hardcase60 and what is the relevance or makes it desirable. Is there a difference in the SB vs RB that makes it more or less desirable or is that just personal preference. I will be searching this online but learning something new everyday on this great site and great stories. I usually have my 65-3 3in in my range bag everyday and sometimes carry a 66-1 2.5 in and don't carry my 19-3 2.5 inch as much. This 10-5 is a great piece.Thanks for any info in advance.
As I've written before I am no expert but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

The most discussed difference between RB and SB is concealment while carrying. A RB being more easy to conceal than a SB. In monetary terms the same model short barrel RB revolvers will most likely bring a higher price than a SB with all other features being equal. As with anything S&W their are exceptions.

The remainder of the differences is more personal preference. To boil it down even further, some folks have a preference on a particular type of stocks on a RB and a different style on the same model in a SB. Sometimes just the visual difference of a RB vs. SB of a model has more appeal with absolutely nothing to do with function.

My measly accumulation of orphaned S&W revolvers is a mix of 2", 2.5", 3" and 4" with an equally eclectic mix of RB's and SB's. Hopefully the experts will be along shortly. hardcase60

Last edited by hardcase60; 12-21-2016 at 02:07 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: