View Single Post

Old 12-21-2016, 05:00 AM

Liked 310 Times in 190 Posts

Night sights are fine but unnecessary IMO. I am moving to fiber optic front sights. I have two pistols with dead tritium and one that I recently replaced the sights on because they don't last forever. On that one the front sight died first.
Quote:
Rangemaster Firearms Training Services Newsletter (November 2015)

No student has used nor felt the need for a flashlight in any of our shootings. This is another topic in which there is a lot of misunderstanding among the shooting population.

There is an often quoted statistic that says 80% of pistol fights occur in the dark. This is nonsense. A more accurate statement would be that 80% of pistol fights occur during the hours of darkness. For statistical purposes the hours of darkness are from 6 PM until 6 AM. Obviously, in much of the country it is not dark during that entire period. Secondly, criminal encounters do not occur in a vacuum. There is no more reason for a Bad Guy to be in the dark than there is for you to be in the dark. Just because it's 3 AM on the Stop 'n Rob parking lot does not mean it's dark. In fact, with modern commercial lighting I have actually seen my sights more clearly late at night on one of these parking lots than in the afternoon on an overcast day. Law enforcement officers often have to go into very dark places to search out hiding suspects. Again, it is matter of context. That is completely different than a thug approaching you on a lighted parking lot at night.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: