View Single Post

Old 12-22-2016, 01:11 AM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
I use a singe stage Rockchucker. Let's say I wanted to increase my output without going to a progressive. How much does a turret press increase your output over a single stage, all thing considered. i.e. changing calibers and making adjustments as well as better production. Right now I make a few hundred rounds/month.

I'm really looking at progressives, but I'd like to know this before making the 'leap'.
Back in the days before affordable progressives, a turret made a lot of sense for higher vol shooters. Today. The turret is kind of a Tweener. Yes it is faster than a ss press, but you are still doing the same work to get the same volume; 3-4 handle pulls per finished handgun rd.
A decent progressive allows one pull one loaded rd. Go fast go slow, still doing 1/2-2/3 the work of a turret & for very little addl $$$, considering time & work saved over say just 10yrs of reloading.
A $600 progressive setup cost you $60 over 10yrs, $5 a month, 2gals of gas. I know my time is worth more than that.

Last edited by fredj338; 12-22-2016 at 01:16 AM.