View Single Post

Old 12-22-2016, 02:40 PM

Liked 7,086 Times in 3,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovishound View Post
For many of us the cost of some tools is prohibitive. I am in a position now to afford a good progressive, if I really want one. A few years ago, if I had laid out the money for a Dillon progressive, I would have had to quit shooting altogether and save for several years to afford the tools. By the time I got everything together, I'm not sure I would still have been interested in the hobby.
I too was at that point at one time. Money was tight.Shooting was more important than buying (or keeping) another gun. I "ound" a way as we all do if we really want something. I have made a decision now that since I load and shoot quite a few 41 mags...I want a 650 in 41 mag. So I am going to sell a couple guns and buy one. One is a really pretty Taurus 32 H&R revolver and the other is a S&W wonder 9 plastic gun. The guns are ones I don't shoot anywhere near as much so I am making a decision to sell infrequently used guns to buy a machine to have more fun with the 41. And I also know I can change the shellplate out and also load 45 Colt or 44 Special. I load both of them on a Lee CC Turret. That machine is going to go down the road also. It's sale will pay for at least one caliber conversion. . Again...if I want to load those end of the caliber mag loads I will do them on a single stage or on an older AT 500. Where there is a will there is a way. I realized many many years ago ya can't have yer cake and eat it too. And if I want I will just take the case feeder from one machine and fit it on another. I already use one off of one of my 1050s for the 650 223. I really don't agonize over the issues. And hardly ever look back and regret selling something to acquire something I really want. I guess I mean..when our time here is done someone else is going to buy what we have and try having fun with it!! If I only have one gun left(perish the thought) I am going to try to maximize the fun times with it.