Thread: K32 build....
View Single Post

Old 12-22-2016, 07:48 PM

Liked 170 Times in 89 Posts

SOOOOO,

Apparently the proper slot cutter for the rear sight stud is made from unobtanium!!!

Took me while but I found one and its on the way!!

I'm going to pull another revolver apart and copy the rear sight cut dimensions.

I also set up a grinder in the horizontal mill vise and modified an .045 slitting blade to cut the barrel serrations. I'm going to play around with some scrap before I commit to using this method, but the small amount of testing I did do look promising.

I'm thinking next step is going to be machining for the rear sight and making a front sight. Since I'm thinking of running the barrel serrations part way into/up the sight ramp.

So with a .160 rear sight, does anyone know the approximate front sight height???

Would middle of adjustment on the rear, then measuring height off the bore, and matching the front to that get me in the ballpark?

I'm probably going to make the front tall, then before bluing and final teardown, do some test shooting with the file handy...

I took next week off, so hopefully will have some more progress on this by the new year!!!