View Single Post

Old 12-22-2016, 10:50 PM

Liked 913 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVSig View Post
Great then you should buy one or two. If you look closely at that magpul S&W you are getting more than just some fancy plastic furnature. I would suggest you look at the forum closely lots of people are removing the A2 sight.
I did buy one.

Intended to replace the A2 sight with either a rail or a folding sight, but for now am trying something else and am keeping it. If I can get a decent, solid, riser for the EOTech to 1/3 cowitness I won't have to replace the front sight. So far none of the risers I've looked at for the ~.300" range are solid. The .500" risers are too tall. I threw on some Magpul furniture I had laying around that came off another gun. So no cost there, they were in the parts bin.

Also keep in mind that my cast off parts are not scrap. They wind up in the parts bin for other builds, either mine or my pals.

Here it is with the addition of the EOTech and Magpul furniture. The rear sight is still the factory supplied Magpul. I'm experimenting with other sights right now. Still need a riser for the EOtech.