View Single Post

Old 12-23-2016, 03:53 PM

Liked 15,467 Times in 6,788 Posts

I have said it before and will say it yet again.

It all depends on how much ammo you need, and how many calibers.

I can buy any press I want. In fact I had the RCBS auto index Progressive and found it more work than I wanted. I sold it Why?...
I load about every handgun caliber from 32 Auto to 460 SW Mag plus 4 rifles. So to me change over is important. I was able to buy all the extra turrets and dies plus all other odds and ends for less than just the price of a Dillon or RCBS progressive and still had money left over.

I do not need 500-1000 rounds a week, I have the time I can go load for say 1 hour, walk away and then load some another time. I also like the "control" over every round produced. If some hang up occurs it is a 30 second check to fix and move on (very rare).

Change from 9mm to 45 ACP? Remove powder measure, insert preset powder drum, put in turret with dies, put on large primer arm and start reloading!

Yes, I deprime and prime on the press. I read about many progressive press owners that do that off the press. Seems like that negates some of the progressive press advantage,

Also with rifle brass and those that use a wax lube how do you lube say 500 or 1000 pieces if brass, deprime them off the press, clean them , then prime them off the press , then load them on the progressive??