View Single Post

Old 12-23-2016, 05:42 PM

Liked 4,295 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver1 View Post
I went from a single stage to the Lee classic turret press. The answer is. You will increase from 200-300 a month to 200-300 in 2 to 3 hours or less. But it depends on how many times you check your work and what powder dispenser you use. I really like the 4 hole die holder (get one for each cal.) and the newest auto drum powder dispenser. Not everyone needs a progressive press. The turret press is not a big leap, it's just a good step in the right direction.
Well said! An auto indexing LCT will give you 95% of the process control (and safety) of a single stage and an honest production rates of 4-5 rounds a minute. ( Figure 150 rounds an hour including set-up, refills, inspections etc.)
Personally, I don't like progressive presses for most reloading ( and sold mine off long ago.) With the turret, I see and feel every operation. I am part of the process. With a full progressive , there are 4-5 things going on at once so it's harder to see/feel when something goes south ( as it eventually will.)
Personally, I look at the LTC as the Chevy Truck of reloaders. Maybe not the biggest, badast and most expensive but as much ride as most will ever need.