View Single Post

Old 12-23-2016, 11:41 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StakeOut View Post
Being retired,I have more time than money most of the year with the end of the money arriving before the end of the month during a few times of the year.

Can I send Dillon $10 a month for 10 years,I think not.

OK,I'm not that bad off financially,I simply don't need to pump out a month's worth of shooting in one hour and then watch the boob tube or take the mrs shopping much more than .I care to.

I enjoy the slower pace of my Lee Classic Turret
As i get older, closer to retiring, my time seems more valuable.
I started on a ss press. I teach reloading on a ss press. For handgun shooters, anything over 100rds a week, i wont recommend anything but a progressive. Workload & total time invested far out way a few $100. It probably doesnt get much better than a 550 for less than 500rds a week. Use it as a progressive or if you just like pulling the handle, use it as an inverted turret. Options, i like options & for only $250 more, no brainer. That is 1000 factory 9mm?
Another point i often hear that needs correction is quality control. Done properly, there is no loss of control or quality loading on A progressive. Just pay attention & resist becoming a handle puller.

Last edited by fredj338; 12-23-2016 at 11:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: