View Single Post

Old 12-24-2016, 11:00 AM

Liked 5,054 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
It must be good as they're always lugging their presses down to Scottsdale for tweaks. I just don't need one.
Really? Always, huh? My 650 is so mechanically simple, I can't imagine taking it to anyone for anything. Complex compared to a single stage, yeah maybe. Too complex to manage at home...no. I find it skeptical your friends are always taking their equipment back to Dillon to get it running right. If that's true I think is says more about their mechanical inclination than the engineering of their presses.

I got into reloading because I like to tinker. The more there is to tinker with the better. I can see how and why some people don't want deal with monitoring more stuff than what's fundamentally necessary, but that's the prospective operator's own inihibition about the technology. The technology works very well, and has been for sometime now.

One of these days I'll get a Dillon 1050 with a Mark 7 digital auto drive. Totally unnecessary, but making ammo is fun, immediately gratifying, and rewarding. To me it's a hobby in and of itself. When it comes to my hobbies I typically find more is better...even if I don't neeeeeed something

Last edited by SLT223; 12-24-2016 at 11:03 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: