View Single Post

Old 12-24-2016, 01:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default my experience

I compete with a 9L CORE in club and USPSA matches. My eyes are a problem, so I have to either wear special glasses or shoot with a dot. Leupold's first version of the Deltapoint was a low mount, co-witness with iron's 7.5 moa that didn't wash-out in the dark when using a flashlight. It is motion activated so it's ready when you are. It's on my personal defense pistol, for that reason. For me the progression is faster, looking for the rear sight leads me into the dot, the big dot which I see on top of the target, no further sight alignment needed. I use a Burris Fastfire III in competition because it does have a on/off switch and my life does not depend on getting it turned on. I have tried all versions of the RMR, and for me they wash-out in a dark room when using a flashlight. Low mounts usually require removal for battery change, but co-witness, even Leupold's Deltapoint sits higher now, but doesn't need to be removed for a battery change. For me a big dot is faster for 25yds or less, most use a 6 moa or less, I use an 8 moa.