View Single Post

Old 12-25-2016, 03:15 AM
US Veteran

Liked 18,451 Times in 5,052 Posts

I guess I used my M&P 340's bright front sight as a crutch for a short while. Then I moved on to the 640-1 Pro. Those two taught me to align the sights to the exact point my right eye was focused on. It became second nature to look at my target, raise my arm, and the front sight was right where my eye was looking. Now I can do that with everything from my baby chief to my 500 4" and on out to my K-22 6". It has become a natural, and consistent, event. I don't need the tritium anymore, but I have to give it credit for helping me form the habit I feel confident could save my life if the need arose (as long as I could "see" the target).

As an aside, I have to agree with Rpg on one point. My ability to put the sight on the target didn't just happen; it took lots of practice, sometimes daily, sometimes several times a day. And I don't just assume that because I had it "I've still got it." I give a wide range of my revolvers a go, often. The old adage, "If you don't use it, you lose it," applies.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: