View Single Post

Old 12-26-2016, 06:05 AM

Liked 34 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Those based on first hand knowledge of the subject--like investing time, effort and money, not just parroting some other unqualified opinion--tend to be more obvious and informative.

Red dot sights on pistols are not a sight panacea. If you are a lousy pistolero, a RDS probably won't help until you get some basics down. As long as there are mediocre pistol performers out there, content with their current skill set and not striving for improvement, there will be nay sayers re: RDS.

Some have tried RDS and couldn't adjust to the skill level needed to benefit from them. Or, their installations or equipment were wanting. There are numerous approaches being tried to skin this cat, and many of them are garbage.

It's new, and there is a lot of ignorant misinformation out there. It's natural to resist change, but that does not invalidate the change.

You won't see RDS on LEO's guns because many cannot shoot well enough to benefit from one. And it is true, for close range, non-sighted point shooting, an RDS may not be any better than a handgun without one. Therefore many will say they don't need one. That's true if you can guarantee what all your gunfights will be like, and if mediocrity is acceptable.

I believe I could show anyone the advantage of a properly set up RDS in 10 minutes at a range. However, it would take the average pistol shooter a few months to acquire the basic pistol skill sets necessary to get competent with an RDS, and most are not willing to put in the time, effort or money.

I must be missing something. Other than initial setup I spent very little time or effort getting good results with Trijicon RMRs on my CORE Pro .40 and Sig P226. You are dead right about money. Those suckers are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Likes This Post: