View Single Post

Old 12-26-2016, 11:25 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,056 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Well, that Schofield is a lot better reproduction than your "Dan Wesson". Actually that "Dan Wesson" is pretty much a Frankenstein of a Python and some cheap post WWII German S&W copy. Too bad about the safety notice, have to wonder if a bit of paint could fix that.
Agreed, the "Dan Wesson" is pretty ugly. But when I got it, it appeared to be about the only BB revolver available that used the brass cartridges and had a swing-out cylinder. Now that I peruse Pyramyd Air's website I see that they do have an authentic Dan Wesson replica (including the front-mounted cylinder latch). My first centerfire revolver was a Dan Wesson so I would be pretty comfortable with that. Dan Wesson 715 6" Pellet Revolver, Steel Grey. Air guns

I also see that they have a variety of other kinda-S&W revolvers, but still use the "Dan Wesson" frame like I have. They do have a realistic looking 586, but it uses little round clips that go in the front of the cylinder! Smith & Wesson Smith & Wesson 586, 4-inch Barrel. Air guns I don't know why they don't make an airgun that looks and operates like a real S&W.