View Single Post

Old 12-26-2016, 05:23 PM

Liked 7,080 Times in 3,002 Posts

To be honest something like a LCCT may be all that some people need. I have one. it works ok. The primer feeder thingie works after a fashion but boy it IS chintzy. I can say the primer feeder thingie on my T-7s are only marginally better. I don't care what people want to use...it is their money and their time. I sold reloading presses for over 50 years. Shotshell and metallic and the preponderance were single stage presses...but more than 70 % of those shooters came back to buy some type of progressive. Maybe not the fastest or the prettiest press on the block. Many shooters didn't have the time to spend with a single stage if they wanted to , lets say, shoot trap. So they ended up with some type of faster press. Some shooters were just too cheap to buy something faster..Some did not have the money to buy the best. I had 5 or 6 customers who really enjoyed shooting who could hardly afford to reload much less shoot competitively. They got their reloading supplies at my cost. I had a few customers who brought their messed up ammo to me. I gave it to one of 2 people to take down for components. They found a way. We all seem to if we really want to. I got started with Dillon when I bought a 1050 in 45 auto at an auction for 300 bucks. I still use single stage presses but I personally would rather load a years worth of my blow away handgun ammo in a few days than load all that ammo on a Rockchucker. Use what you want but the main reason to reload is to be able to have fun shooting it up..So...Have Fun!