View Single Post

Old 12-26-2016, 09:10 PM

Liked 150 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly77 View Post
There are some of us that simply can't afford the expense of a good progressive setup. When I went from a single stage to a turret press, that was what money I could afford to free up at the time. The turret press was a fraction of the investment of a progressive setup.

It isn't that some of us don't want a progressive. It isn't that some of us don't see the value of a progressive....
Some people simply can't justify the expense of one. My house is single income. We spend little in the way of "extras". My wife stays home with our daughters and I am the breadwinner. I can't always justify extra spending. I never complain about it. We like it this way. That is the decision we made for our family.........
Hillbilly77 we (at least I) understand that some may have cash flow issues or good reasons not to buy a progressive press. I get that. For more than 10 years, from the time my oldest was born until the time my youngest was in 1st grade we lived on just my paycheck and during that time I could not afford to do much shooting period. And then it took a number of years to get our finances back on track. My youngest is now 23 and it has only been in the last 10 years that jumping into recreational shooting has even been a possibility for me.

But that is not relevant to the question at hand. The actual question isn't asking is the Lee classic turret press any good and it's not do you have a romantic relationship with your LCT. If that were the question then you would be on track.

Last edited by Thomas15; 12-26-2016 at 09:13 PM.