View Single Post

Old 12-26-2016, 10:28 PM

Liked 18,500 Times in 4,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas15 View Post
Hillbilly77 we (at least I) understand that some may have cash flow issues or good reasons not to buy a progressive press. I get that. For more than 10 years, from the time my oldest was born until the time my youngest was in 1st grade we lived on just my paycheck and during that time I could not afford to do much shooting period. And then it took a number of years to get our finances back on track. My youngest is now 23 and it has only been in the last 10 years that jumping into recreational shooting has even been a possibility for me.

But that is not relevant to the question at hand. The actual question isn't asking is the Lee classic turret press any good and it's not do you have a romantic relationship with your LCT. If that were the question then you would be on track.
I agree. The issue of money and/or finances wasn't relevant to the original question. That came up later.

The original post was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
I use a singe stage Rockchucker. Let's say I wanted to increase my output without going to a progressive. How much does a turret press increase your output over a single stage, all thing considered. i.e. changing calibers and making adjustments as well as better production. Right now I make a few hundred rounds/month.

I'm really looking at progressives, but I'd like to know this before making the 'leap'.
He specifically asked how much faster a turret press is than a single stage.
The short answer to that question is "A lot."
The other poster then started talking about money, including how much his time is worth. And you and I both agree with his point.

Then you posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas15 View Post
Looking a bit deeper, there are some who try to make the case that since their particular financial situation...
I was simply offering a real world explanation as to why somebody may not take the leap and buy a more expensive setup.

I don't have a "romantic relationship" with my turret press.
I bought it because it would be faster than my single stage and I couldn't afford something more expensive.

I like it because it works.
The Following User Likes This Post: