View Single Post

Old 12-27-2016, 04:29 PM

Liked 18,412 Times in 7,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistered View Post
AND while very true my experience has shown most of the proponents of progressives are one of the following:

A relatively new gun owner, most likely of the 'black gun' genre who thinks reloading will cut his costs dramatically and believes he 'needs' the volume of ammo only a progressive can deliver.

A longer time gun owner. with possibly a variety of guns who wants to get into reloading and sees progressives as the 'modern' way to reload and has been a victim of the illusion single stage reloading is outdated and not applicable anymore.

Trolls who do not and most likely will not ever reload and just need something new to 'stir the pot' with.

Those who I know who have progressives are largely in part competition shooters who regularly shoot large quantities of ammo. Based on the numbers of the late model progressives I see up for sale as opposed to SS equipment I believe these types have gotten in over their head with progressives as a first-time reloading experience.

If you compare the number of long-term reloaders who still have (and use) original equipment they started with as opposed to those who dove into a progressive and then put them up for sale its probably like 100 to 1. The sheer numbers of long term reloaders with original or moderately upgraded equipment over the years PROVES the relative validity and PRACTICALITY of single stage reloading.
Hoo BOY, you really stepped in it now!
The Following User Likes This Post: