View Single Post

Old 12-27-2016, 04:44 PM

Liked 1,134 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
what was available then,
And are Still available now - I started loading in about 1975 so that should establish my approximate age category. I am simply placing myself in the SAME category as the many others who have responded they are still loading SS and it is working for them and progressives are simply not for everybody.
Quote:
You make a lot of assumptions for a guy that doesn't/hasn't reloaded on a progressive??
I have assisted and observed loading on a progressive and it was easy to see I did not have the need for one.
I definitely average more than a 100 rounds a week with several different calibers from 9mm to various rifles. Since I can shoot nearly anytime I do not have the need to load 1000s of rounds for what might need to be a potential lengthy trip to a range for some. My shooting is informal and frequent - sometimes only a 100 or less rounds - but that might be two to three times a week.

I am NOT disputing the speed and usefulness of a progressive for the right reasons but I simply do not posses those reasons (or needs) so I am, like the others, who report being served well by their SS equipment and will post nothing further on this issue.

Last edited by Mistered; 12-27-2016 at 05:02 PM.