View Single Post

Old 12-28-2016, 10:21 PM
US Veteran

Liked 141 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief38 View Post
I have touted the CCI brand .22 LR ammo as top dog for a while now and have always found it to be the most reliable of the .22 LR common brands. Well today I actually had 3 rounds (from two boxes) fail on the first trigger pull of a CZ453 American Rifle. The hits were very deep and positive and they did all fire on the second loading when I rotated them 180 degrees, however this was the first time I've experienced CCI failures of any kind. I guess there is a first time for everything.

For those interested, these were the 40 grain copper plated Mini-mags in the 100 round clear plastic sleeves and were just recently purchased.
Unfortunately, and a little sadly, I couldn't have said it better. Out of a clear plastic 100 round sleeve of CCI 40 grain SV I had two failures to fire on the first primer strike. One round fired on the second strike and one failed to fire on the second strike. And this out of my bolt action Savage that's as reliable as a rent increase.

I still think they are top of the line for inexpensive .22 ammo and my go to choice. Hopefully our lots were made during the same time frame and equipment has since been calibrated. I shoot a lot of .22 and I need to be able to take CCI for granted.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: