View Single Post

Old 12-29-2016, 01:27 AM

Liked 7,080 Times in 3,002 Posts

I have my progressive presses mounted on boards. When I get done loading the caliber..I unscrew the whole thing from the bench and put it under same. Only 4 screws or bolts with a screw gun. Heck I tried powder coating bullets and while they work well it just takes more time than I wanty to spend for blow away ammo. I do some powder coating but only for specialty bullets that I cast. I have gotten so many plated and cast bullets at auctions estate sales and gun shows I don't even cast blow away pistol bullets any longer. Well at least until what I have are gone. I also do as Fred said. I load for an hour or maybe 1 1/2 hours. But the 1050 has gone through 800-1200 rounds. So 5 hours or maybe 6 I have near 5000 rounds. . No I'm not rich but the presses I have were pretty much all bought used for much less than retail. If you look you can find them too. I have a Hornady LnL progressive I recently bought ready to go with dies powder measure etc in 45 auto. I haven't used it and probably won't as I have a 1050 in 45 auto. Does every one NEED a 1050..or a LnL progressive? No of course not. After all these years I don't like reloading but I like the cost savings and especially the saved time... And as Fred said..the saved work. Yep I still use single stage machines and Turrets...but only for rifle loads that are loaded in small lots. And I never lose money on presses. Any body need a RC in good shape?? Cheap?? Not an offer to sell one here. But the profit I make however small helps to pay for my reloading expenses. And luckily I have the range set up here on the ranch to shoot. Even a short pistol range(40 yds) out of my heated garage. I intended to be able to shoot when I moved here all those years ago. My progressives enable me to have more time having fun..and less time preparing for it. Just my perspective