View Single Post

Old 12-29-2016, 05:55 PM

Liked 157 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
I'm going with put together from parts held in reserve for a contract. Oh, I forgot to mention that NYPD was a big user of the 5946. I can't vouch for this information at this link, but there are a couple of members who are .very familiar with NYPD who might comment.

It's interesting that the 3953TSW was also authorized. I think some of those have shown up recently as well as some 3914DAOs.
You are correct we were big users of the 5946. I still have mine. And we could fire that last round with the Mag out, unlike other departments. For that reason alone, one could only purchase that version from a S& W L E distributor. Regular dealers were only given the version with the disconnect.

Not sure if the Mounties had the same version, but our neighbors in PAPD had evil version. Their legal folks were opposite the city on the liability issue. NYPD felt we would be at a disadvantage and the dept would be liable if we couldn't get that last round off. The Port Authoriy lawyers felt the opposite way.
The Following User Likes This Post: