View Single Post

Old 12-29-2016, 10:23 PM

Liked 68 Times in 31 Posts

Well, where to start? Yes, I paid full price for everything and no, I am not being compensated for this review. Also, if I mess up any of my recollections of our visit, I hope I will be corrected if the folks at Lobo are lurking.

Monday past, my Father-In-Law, daughter (7) and I made the hour drive to see the folks at Lobo Gun Leather in Iowa. Lobo gun leather | Facebook
lobo gun leather - Home
I was picking up the new belt and holster I ordered.

Via email they knew we were coming that day. When we arrived, we no sooner parked the jeep at their homestead than the door of the shop opened and we were welcomed by the (one of the?) owner(s). We went in to a recently remodeled shop which had been at one point part of a large chicken farm. You can do your own research to see how they morphed from chickens to leather goods.

I suspect we spent about 30-60 minutes:
-Being shown around the shop
-Seeing how leather was cut and shaped by hand - and with what tool(s)
-Viewing the large sewing machines (run by a real person) stitching a piece of leather for a holster
-Getting a lesson on stitches/per/inch and the importance of a better quality thread
-Getting love from the family dog
-Being shown some of the cool one-of-a-kind pieces (you can see at least one on their FB page)
-Getting answers to my many questions - one being, "How can you make holsters for so many different types of guns"? {hint, The cool Wall-Of-Guns}
-My F-I-L getting answers to some of his possible future holster needs
-Getting a mini lesson on what parts of the hide are used for what parts of a holster
-Getting a mini lesson on some things which are and are not advisable with certain types of custom holsters in relation to certain styles of carry, body size, body shape, etc.
-Hearing about how time consuming a custom engraving job really is on a holster
-Being shown some beautiful custom engraving (not sure if correct word in reference to leather)
AND the list could go on BUT I think I made my point.

If not, my point is that these folks not only produce a quality, beautiful holster (as well as other leather goods. I saw at least one saddle and many non-holster items) but they are also real, down to earth, great folks. I would say great "country folks" because that term means a lot to me but I am not sure that would get the point across to everyone. 

Customer service was extraordinary. Even though they were obviously very busy (sorry if you are waiting for your order) they took the time out to welcome us in to see how they do what they do. They allowed us to see, ask, BS and pet the dog. They acted like we were the most important part of their day. And it was not an act. I truly believe they value you, me and every single one of their clients.

I have been in the customer service business all my life and will always continue to frequent a business that offers me:
-a quality product
-at a fair price
-AND has exceptional customer service.
If all 3 components do not come together, I can just as easily shop online for something cheaper.

BUT WAIT, that is how most of you (and me originally) ordered from Lobo. Until my visit they were just another online vendor I did business with. Now, after meeting them, I can say that they are the local guys and gals who happen to have an online presence. I will do business with them again.

Oh, by the way, my new belt does an amazing job of holding up (and in-tight to my body) my new holster with a very heavy gun in it. Do yourself a favor, if you do not have a quality gun belt for what ever holster you use - get one!

Here is the short version if you skipped to the end: YEP I will do business with my local holster company again. I trust them to advise me:
-On what to order
-What not to order
-How each of their products will work for me and my body type
-What product will be best suited for my STATED needs for a specific type of carry 

"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool".......Carl Jung  

"...it's hard to explain...you can be much more alone with other people than you are by yourself...." Lucia Muir

“While open carry makes me uncomfortable (her words, not mine) my discomfort should have no bearing on constitutionally protected rights.” – Tyler Kee’s wife

Last edited by TinMon; 12-29-2016 at 10:26 PM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: