View Single Post

Old 12-30-2016, 05:55 AM

Liked 68 Times in 31 Posts

And a hint on what holster to order: I knew what I wanted my holster to do for me and I communicated that to them when I first called.

My 1st "must have" was a very tight hold against the body because this holster (yep, for my other guns I have holsters for different needs and types of carry) will be for CC when the concealed part is the paramount issue.

My 2nd "must have" in my mind was a high ride because I "figured" a higher ride would be concealed better.

If I remember correctly - during our phone conversation (when I placed my order) I made these 2 wishes known and was told the following: There was a style I could have ordered which would be higher riding above my belt/on my body/ but would probably flop a bit more as compared to the one I actually ordered. This is my description not theirs.

I took their advice and am 100% satisfied with how well it sucks my heavy/bulky gun into my body.

So just a piece of advice - Know ahead of time what you want from this particular holster. When I OC I actually am not so worried about "tight" to the body fit. That is usually a close secondary requirement. Also I did not have this holster adorned with any leather carving because I know most of the time It will never be seen by anyone else but me. However, if I do order a 2nd holster for this same gun I suspect it will be a different style and would see the light of day much more often.

My holster for a different gun - which often is OC - is carved because I do like a beautiful piece of leather (art) to help show off a great firearm at times. Definitely consider this option if like me, you enjoy a custom piece of art showcasing your fine looking firearm.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: