View Single Post

Old 12-30-2016, 01:17 PM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStone View Post
The best 9mm's for me from the best manufacturer:

Beretta Px4 Compact matched with the
Beretta Cx4 Storm with Px4 magazine well adaptor

I could have listed the 92FS/Cx4 but prefer the Px4 due to low recoil. I believe these pistol/carbine combos maximize the potential of the 9mm and help develop practical shooting skills.

Although I admire the design & internals, I find Glocks uncomfortable to shoot. I regard "Glock knuckle" as a deal breaker rather that an idiosyncrasy; plus Glock does not manufacture a 9mm carbine to match the pistols.

Now a 9mm carbine that uses Colt magazines coupled with a Colt pistol utilizing same, tweaks my interest.
I think the Beretta PX4 line of pistols is the most underrated pistol out there. From what I read, most people don't want to try one because no gov't agency has adopted it. Well, there are many factors beyond what is the best that go into agency acquisitions. So I would not be basing my purchases on that.

The PX4 is a full polymer, unlike the 92 and such, but just about every 'wonder 9' out there is polymer nowadays. Beretta also has the CX4 and TX4 line too. So you have carbines and shotguns to match with the PX4.

I have the PX4 compact in 9mm. Bought it when they first came out in 2011. It is the most accurate auto I have owned. The trigger is great and recoil minimal. The rotating barrel is a great design. I can use the full size 20rd mags in the compact too. Plus, the PX4 is one of the more attractive polymer guns out there.

If you want to get fancy, Beretta has aftermarket factory parts that you can upgrade with. A steel trigger, mainspring rod, whole firing assembly, and slim decocker/slide lock levers. I would like to add that my PX4 is bone stock. I have not had one issue with it that way, and it is still the most accurate auto I have shot. The decocker levers don't bother me and actually give me something to grab onto when racking. My holster covers the levers when concealed, so there is nothing to snag if drawed.

Beretta is a great company and knows how to make a quality gun. Too bad they don't get the recognition they deserve.

Last edited by iPac; 12-30-2016 at 01:21 PM.