View Single Post

Old 12-30-2016, 06:10 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

The problem I have found is finding a range in the area that will allow you to do more then stand behind a bench with partitions on each side a foot away and shoot at a stationary target between 5 yards and 25 yards .. even double taps are not allowed at some ranges in my area .. rapid firing of any kind is also frowned on ..

The wearing of a holster isn't allowed nor is any kind of movement as your restricted to one lane at the range ..

There is a need for this type of shooting in getting use to the weapon and just plain accuracy practice .. but being able to practice moving while engaging a target is also a needed aspect of self defense training ..

So utilizing what you have learned through practice is exceedingly difficult as more ranges close !! Sadly within 30 miles of my location we have only 4 ranges with 2 being indoor and 1 being both the other one outside only .. few classes if any are offered in the area with probably St Louis being the closest place where classes of any caliber would be offered and that's a 2 1/2 hour drive ..

The population in the area is well over 175,000 so very few places for the amount of population in the area ..