View Single Post

Old 12-30-2016, 08:36 PM

Liked 995 Times in 192 Posts
Default Walked into the gun shop and came out with a Sig (and I don't even smoke!)

I took advantage of an afternoon off and sunny 60 degree weather to head out to the gun range. I had a few older S&W revolvers I had been trying to sell for a while locally and decided to put some rounds through a couple of them. When I got through, I stopped by a local gun shop to show them to an older (15 years older than my almost 60) fellow who likes the old models.

I showed him an older Chiefs Special and a couple of 10-5 revolvers. He said the owner liked the older smaller revolvers and showed it to him. After talking and looking at stuff (we have done business before) I told the owner I could tell he liked the Chiefs Special and asked if he wanted to trade it for a Sig P250.

I had handled a Sig P250 he had in the display case for sale while I was looking at his store guns and, having never owned a Sig and liking the DAO hammer-fired style, thought it would be fun to own one and try it out. It came new in its plastic protective case out of his gun safe with two 15-round magazines, Sig matching paddle holster, and Sig limited life-time warranty.

We looked at the internet prices of comparable guns to those we were considering trading and made the deal. I have found myself with too many similar revolvers (for my purposes and perception) so I am keeping the nicest of the models and selling the others.

So, my question after this long dissertation is have any of you owned a Sig P250 Compact in 9mm and how did you like it?

Thanks!

Last edited by Frank121; 01-02-2017 at 09:39 AM.