View Single Post

Old 12-31-2016, 02:03 PM

Liked 5,572 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default M28-2 With Diamond Targets

I told you guys to come get this gun so I wouldn't have to buy it. This is the one I found laying on the floor at the LGS a few days ago. A couple of you did call the store, but it was still there this morning. Made in 1978 with Diamond Targets that are much earlier. I'm thinking 1960ish. Not sure. The gun is absolutely unfired after factory. Q-tip comes out clean from everywhere. Almost no turn line. This is the highest polish I have ever seen on a M28, almost to the point of being a M27 polish. I had some credit cards that were getting too close to a zero balance. I split the purchase among three of them just to keep them active, so I didn't even feel the purchase. Previous sales on EBAY indicate the grips are going for $250 and up from there. They are nice and undamaged. Maybe a little Tru-Oil rubbed on them a long time ago. The whole thing set me back $560 plus tax. I have period-correct Targets and Magnas in like new condition, but kind of like these diamonds on it for now. Also have an old Smith presentation box just waiting. The grips do have a "swell" at the diamond, but I don't know anything about this "Coke" stuff. I figure I have about $300 in the gun and $250 in the grips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0491.jpg (143.4 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0492.jpg (160.0 KB, 224 views)