View Single Post

Old 12-31-2016, 07:35 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePizza View Post
It seems to me that the revolver market should be lead by Colt and S&W, but instead they are falling back on old cookie cutter designs. Limiting their guns to predominately stainless and 3 or 4 calibers tops.
Colt may be just testing the waters with their new Cobra. No one knows just yet exactly what else they might have in store. And rather than referring to the design as "cookie cutter", it's more like a "tried and true" design. And really, other than appearance, there aren't a whole lot of variations available in revolver design.

Don't see offering a revolver in three or four calibers tops is limiting. When all's said and done, how many different calibers does anyone really need in a revolver. Even when they were in full production mode, Colt revolvers were never aimed at handgun hunters...I don't believe they ever contemplated making anything like a .454 Casull revolver or a .460 or whatever. They were always aimed more at law enforcement and self defense.

The self defense pistol and revolver market is huge right now. Colt is coming back to claim its share of that market. I wish them lots of success.
The Following User Likes This Post: